Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day4 - Trip report !!

The Second day to work -- Had set the clock to wake me up at 6 and it did its duty unlike I. Ended up extending the sleep  for 2 more hours till I realized that I hardly had time to even look at the restaurant for breakfast. Finished morning chores in 15 mins which reminded me of the song "Jame Raho" from the movie Taare Zameen Par. Reached office on time. New campus, new country, change in cuisine and bone chilling temperature. Work at new office, the welcome change in climate and food kept the mind bysy. By noon I already was fancying my chances of a visit to decathlon which is about 10 kms from Isle'd Abeau in a small town of Bourgoin Jallieu. A new friend added to the arsenal from Liverpool UK (David Malone). A very nice and well spoken gentleman. We thought of visiting decathlon together as David was driving a rental car and he would look for fishing related stuff and I'd opt for cycling accessories.

The visit had to be postponed for the next day as we saw a long line of cars towards the horizon on the highway D1008. So we bid farewell. David stayed at the Hotel Mercure in Bron as the rooms in Mercure at Isle'd Abeau were full.  So it was back to Dennis Hilverts from Netherlands to decide which way to head for dinner. We decided to take a taxi to a supermarket nearby which google indicated as a hotspot for restaurants. A visit only revealed a couple of kabab joints and a pizza corner. As there was a supermarket I ended up buying a good load of chocolates and some snacks to go with the MTR ready to eat packs that I'd brought along to keep me tummy happy whenever there was an emergency :-). 
No Euro-food tonight but time to relish the Masala Rice from MTR. Here's the combo :-)

   Dennis just outside the Supermarket as we await the taxi back to the hotel Mercure.


Dennis managed to call the reception to request a cab and here's what arrived, a Peugeot 607 and it was a comfortable cab but the fare almost doubles after 7 in the evening.
20 Euro's for about 4kms..!! No more taxi's for the rest of the stay here. Better to take the bicycle out  :-)




I eagerly await the dawn of 25th to enjoy the incidents, adventures and meeting new people that make life beautiful and meaningful !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment