Friday, January 27, 2012

Day6 - Broccoli and Sirocco..!!

Yet another lovely morning at Isle'd Abeau. My mind still is battling wildly as I can't decide the itinerary for the following Saturday. Some new things I've managed to observe/learn during this Euro trip ::

1. The usage of fork and knife. Mostly eat with the fork.
2. Hardly any use of the spoon.
3. Eat as silently as possible, without the noise from the porcelain plate and without water !!
4. Pedestrians have the right of way, followed by bicyclists when crossing streets. 
5. A coffee here is most likely going to get you a decaf or an espresso.
6. Almost any person you come face to face there's almost always a head nod with "Bon Jour".

Last night during a stroll, Dave and Dennis went ahead by a few metres I waited till the car would go by but the driver gestured that I could cross the road. A smile and a wave at this discipline. It certainly is something worth a mention as I can't see this happening back home !!! 

A breakfast routine follow this morning with a couple of pancakes, a tiny bottle of honey and a few slices of cheese. I headed out for a stroll and stood gazing at the horizon with the sun rising on the French motorway D1006. I can't help but mention again about the traffic and the disciplined driving. 
Timezone differences apart, the daily life seems to be on a 'pre-pone' mode. The breakfast time's between 6-8am and lunch at 12:30pm. Things seem to come by a lot earlier than normal. The menu for lunch looks like -- fried rice which resembled peas pulao, fanta, a rice+milk concoction with fruits for dessert and some boiled broccoli and carrots with some sprouts. The menu for non-veg looked quite enticing (just because I could see they were made of spice and some yummy looking gravy). Quite heavy that I skip dinner tonight.

The break of dawn on D1006.

Being a cyclist myself couldn't help but capture this ride.

Alfa Romeo makes some of the Beautiful cars and here's an example of one. Still waiting to capture a Brera.



Oh yeah here's the VW Sirocco :-). A beauty from the VW stables.


No comments:

Post a Comment